Your church and community will have many channels for promotion of The Art of Marriage video event. However, the best promotion is a personal invitation. Nothing beats a one-on-one conversation. Encourage your team to draw up a list of personal contacts and begin reaching out.
Work with your church office to set the event date and determine channels for promotion. Below is a list of possible ways you can promote the event through your church:
- Distribute flyers in Sunday school classes or small groups.
- Put up posters in well-traveled areas, such as hallways, classrooms, and restrooms.
- Request an announcement on the church's website, in newsletters, and in the worship service; send an email to members.
- Place a banner ad on your church website.
- Ask your pastor to endorse the event and encourage couples to attend. A personal word from your pastor will be a powerful incentive.
- Show a promotional video in a worship service and in couple's Sunday school classes or small groups.
- Set up an information table before and after services in the church lobby. Show a promotional video, distribute information, and register couples.
- Use your church's social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
If you are opening up your event to other churches or the larger community:
- Place posters in other churches and in community businesses (ask permission first).
- Send an invitation through Facebook to your Facebook friends and ask them to forward it to their friends as well.
- Send a Twitter message to your followers.
- Request a public service announcement on your community's radio station and/or cable provider's community channel.
- If feasible, place an ad on local websites and in local newspapers.
- Send a press release to local media.
Review the Church Promotion Checklist from the Host Guide (found in the event kit) for a promotion timeline.
When you have a count of couples attending your event, order enough couple's sets for each spouse to have his or her own manual. Learn More.