- How comfortable are you praying with your spouse?
- If you wanted to start praying together, how do you think your spouse would respond?
- What model did your parents set for you? Did they pray together regularly?
- How important has your prayer life been to you personally?
- In what ways have you seen God answer your prayers and drawn you closer to Himself in the past? Have you shared those with your spouse?
- How do you think God uses prayer to draw a couple closer together in their relationship with one another?
- What things in your life take up time and prevent you from praying together regularly?
- What is one small step you can take in the right direction today?
- How is prayer a priority in your life personally? In your marriage relationship?
- What, if anything, keeps you from feeling comfortable praying with your spouse?
- Are you waiting for your spouse to initiate prayer? If so, why?
- Growing up what role models did you have for praying together as a couple? If none, are you open to resources that could help fill that void?
- Do you view your mate as the enemy or as God’s gift to you? Practically speaking, what does that look like in your home?
- If God's plan is to change you by drawing you into prayer with your spouse, how will you respond to that?
- Have you ever discovered the power of perseverance in prayer?
- How can you help your spouse realize who he or she is in Christ?
- How have the two of you resolved past hurts? Have there been times where those have inhibited your prayer life together?
- Do you believe that God can transform you through the power of His Holy Spirit? (Ephesians 3:20-21)
- What is one step you can take in the right direction and how can I help you do that?