Make one-to-one mentoring easier by learning what to do and what not to do.
|Tip#1 – Find your PLACE
- Pray: simple yet powerful act
- Listen: people want to feel heard
- Ask: good questions foster productive dialogue
- Consider: think slowly and biblically
- Encourage: uplift rather than beat down
|Tip#2 – Avoid the common mistakes
- Fixing: this is a person, not a project
- Preaching: walk alongside, don’t talk at or down to them
- Carrying: show concern but don’t carry too heavy a burden
- Blaming: no condemnation in Christ Jesus
- Rescuing: you are not their savior!