Plan Your Small-Group Bible Study
The Art of Marriage video event is also available in a six-week small-group Bible study format. Perfect for Sunday school groups, home Bible study groups, or other small-group Bible study settings, participants watch the video sessions in the weekly group meetings and engage in group discussion. Then on weekly date nights, couples discuss and apply what they learned. The accompanying workbook features teaching highlights and articles as well as the group discussion questions, the date night discussion questions for couples, and date night ideas.
A key distinction of the small-group Bible study series is the group aspect. Whereas The Art of Marriage video event is designed for a more personal experience between a husband and wife, the small-group Bible study series is less intimate and does not include the couple’s projects found in the video event. A second distinction is video sessions in the small-group series are shorter—from 21 to 27 minutes each—allowing for a group meeting time of about 60 to 90 minutes.
Topics addressed in the small-group series are the same as in the video event:
- Love Happens: God’s Purpose and Plan
- Love Fades: Overcoming Isolation
- Love Dances: Fulfilling Our Responsibilities
- Love Interrupted: Communication and Conflict
- Love Sizzles: Experiencing Real Intimacy
- Love Always: Leaving a Lasting Legacy
To host the small-group series you’ll need a leader kit, which includes:
- One DVD with the six video sessions and a promotional video. Additional promotion tools are found in the column on the right.
- A Leader Guide
- A Couple’s Set for the host and spouse. Couples attending the small-group Bible study will need their own couple’s set as well.
Promoting your Small Group
Below is a list of possible ways you can promote the series through your church and encourage others to join a marriage study for small groups:
- Distribute flyers in Sunday school classes or small groups.
- Put up posters in well-traveled areas, such as hallways, classrooms, restrooms.
- Show a promotional video in a worship service and in couple’s Sunday school classes.
- Request an announcement on the church’s website, in newsletters, and in the worship service.
- Send an email to members.
- Place a banner ad on your church’s website.
- Use your church’s social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
- Ask your pastor to “endorse” the series and encourage couples to attend a small-group bible study. A personal word from your pastor will be a powerful incentive.
- Invite couples in a one-on-one conversation. The best invitation is a personal contact.
- Set up an information table in the church lobby before and after services. Show a promotional video, distribute information, and register couples.
If you are hosting the series in your own home, you can:
- Personally invite couples in your neighborhood, in your circle of friends, and through your job.
- Send an invitation through Facebook to your Facebook friends and ask them to forward it to their friends as well.
- Send an email or text to your local contact list.
Download our web banners and use them on your church’s website, in emails sent to prospective attendees, in ads purchased online, or on your own blog.
Show the small-group series promotional video in a worship service or adult Sunday school class.