The Art of Marriage video event is also available in a six-week small-group Bible study format. Perfect for Sunday school groups, home Bible study groups, or other small-group Bible study settings, participants watch the video sessions in the weekly group meetings and engage in group discussion. Then on weekly date nights, couples discuss and apply what they learned. The accompanying workbook features teaching highlights and articles as well as the group discussion questions, the date night discussion questions for couples, and date night ideas.
A key distinction of the small-group Bible study series is the group aspect. Whereas The Art of Marriage video event is designed for a more personal experience between a husband and wife, the small-group Bible study series is less intimate and does not include the couple’s projects found in the video event. A second distinction is video sessions in the small-group series are shorter—from 21 to 27 minutes each—allowing for a group meeting time of about 60 to 90 minutes.
Topics addressed in the small-group series are the same as in the video event:
- Love Happens: God’s Purpose and Plan
- Love Fades: Overcoming Isolation
- Love Dances: Fulfilling Our Responsibilities
- Love Interrupted: Communication and Conflict
- Love Sizzles: Experiencing Real Intimacy
- Love Always: Leaving a Lasting Legacy
To host the small-group series you’ll need a leader kit, which includes:
- One DVD with the six video sessions and a promotional video. Additional promotion tools are found in the column on the right.
- A Leader Guide
- A Couple’s Set for the host and spouse. Couples attending the small-group Bible study will need their own couple’s set as well.