28: Growing Up in a Blender
Many times the voice of the child in a blended family is drowned by the conflict and loss associated with how the couple entered the stepfamily journey. In this episode, Ron Deal invites children of divorce, Ryan Guinee and David Bowden, to share how they grew up in a stepfamily blender. They offer perspective on their experiences and progress as adult men with wives and children of their own.
About the Guest
- Learn more about David Bowden's ministry. https://www.spokengospel.com/
- Changes that Heal by Dr. Henry Cloud. https://www.christianbook.com/changes-four-practical-steps-happier-healthier/henry-cloud/9780310351788/pd/351788?event=ESRCG
- Learn more about the Blended & Blessed® livestream. https://www.blendedandblessed.com
- Learn about FamilyLife's other podcasts. https://www.familylife.com/podcast
- Hear episode 2 of the FamilyLife Blended Podcast with guests Dave and Ann Wilson called Life in a Blender. https://www.familylife.com/podcast/familylife-blended-podcast/2-life-in-a-blender-dave-and-ann-wilson/
- Visit FamilyLife Blended® online for articles, videos, and resources for blended families. https://www.familylife.com/blended
- Your generous support of FamilyLife helps create podcasts like the FamilyLife Blended® Podcast. https://donate.familylife.com/familylife-blended/
www.SpokenGospel.com). David and his wife Meagan live with their son Ezra in Oklahoma City.more
Often the voice of children in blended famililes is drowned by conflict and loss. Ron Deal talks with children of divorce, Ryan Guinee and David Bowden, to get perspective on their experiences and progress as adults with wives and children of their own.