50: Parenting Troubled Children in Stepfamilies
How do you help a child or stepchild who feels lost, or angry, or who really fights against the family? And what if their anger or hurt is justified—and you deserve it, but everyone else doesn't? In this episode, Ron Deal speaks with Danny Huerta, Vice President of Parenting and Youth at Focus on the Family, about parenting troubled children in a stepfamily.
About the Guest
- Learn more about Focus on the Family's parenting resources. http://focusonthefamily.com/parenting
- Check out Danny's book 7 Traits of Effective Parenting. https://store.focusonthefamily.com/7-traits-of-effective-parenting#refcd=869302
- Take the FREE 7 Traits Assessment to learn more about your parenting. https://www.focusonthefamily.com/parenting/the-7-traits-of-effective-parenting/
- Help strengthen stepfamilies by donating to FamilyLife Blended.https://donate.familylife.com/blended/?cru_source=D000BLENDG&cru_medium=DesktopHeaderNav&cru_campaign=Blended
- Learn more about our Blended & Blessed Livestream Event.https://www.blendedandblessed.com/.
- Learn about FamilyLife Blended. https://www.familylife.com/familylifeblended/blended-families/
How do you help a child or stepchild who feels lost, or angry, or who really fights against the family? In this episode, Ron Deal speaks with Danny Huerta of Focus on the Family about how to parent a troubled child in a stepfamily.