56: Adult Stepfamilies
Blended families that form when children are in their late teens or adult years are adult stepfamilies. We often mistakenly think these families have few adjustments to make. Listen to Ron Deal's conversation with Terry & Carol Moss, Brandon Moss, and Nina Thomas on how they've navigated multiple transitions in their adult stepfamily.
About the Guest
- Learn more about blended family resources. https://shop.familylife.com/product-category/marriage/blended-family/.
- Learn more about FamilyLife Blended's annual Summit on Stepfamily Ministry. https://www.summitonstepfamilies.com/.
- Learn more about Terry & Carol and their ministry, One Flesh Ministries. https://www.onefleshministries.info/.
- Your generous support of FamilyLife helps create podcasts like the FamilyLife Blended® Podcast. https://donate.familylife.com/blended/?cru_source=D000BLENDG&cru_medium=DesktopHeaderNav&cru_campaign=Blended.
- Check out the stepfamily ministry map. http://www.familylife.com/blendedmap.
Nina is the youngest child of Carol Moss. She is 30 years old and recently moved from her hometown in Chicago, IL to Charlotte, NC.One Flesh Ministries. In addition, they lead the Prep for Marriage classes, facilitate ReEngage (a 16-week Marriage Enrichment Group), and are leaders/instructors for the Blended Families Ministry at Christ Fellowship Church in Palm Beach Gardens, FL. Previously they established the blended family ministry at Calvary Church in Naperville, Illinois. They are certified marriage mentors and...more
Adult stepfamilies—when children are adults from the beginning—experience as many transitions as those with young kids. Listen to Ron Deal’s conversation with Terry Moss & his family on how they worked through the adjustments in their adult stepfamily.