Prayers for Parents
Day 4: We All Have Gaps
“But he said to me,’My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’” —2 Corinthians 12:9
In the movie, Rocky, the character Paulie was trying to understand the connection between his sister and the boxer. He asks, “What’s the attraction?” “I dunno,” Rocky replies. “She’s got gaps, I got gaps, together we fill gaps.”
As parents, we too have gaps. Parenting is one of those jobs for which none of us are fully prepared or qualified. But God knows what our gaps are, and He has the ability to fill them. Scripture includes many examples of men and women who felt inadequate when called by God to a specific responsibility, yet in every case, He used them—through their dependence on His ability instead of their own.
As a parent, God is with you just as He was with Moses, David, Esther, and many others (see Isaiah 41:10). Depend on Him completely. Pray about everything. And watch Him fill your gaps.
Prayers for parents
- Thank God that He is with you, that He will strengthen you, and will help you fulfill your role as a parent.
- Pray that you will consistently rely on His power and abilities and not on your own.
- Ask God to give you the wisdom to acknowledge Him in all your ways so that He will direct your paths for your good, for
- your children’s good, and for His glory.
- Pray that your home will be marked with patience and understanding.