50 Things to Say to Your Husband … to Make Him Feel Great
Your words can make a difference in the life of your husband.
1. Thanks for doing that. It means a lot to me when you serve me in little ways like that.
2. I am such a different woman because of the way you _____ (love me, gently lead me, make me feel secure, etc.).
3. I know you and I haven’t been seeing eye-to-eye lately. But I want to let you know that I accept you whether I agree with you or not, and I’m committed to working on our relationship so we both feel understood and secure.
4. I don’t have a bit of a headache tonight. Interested?
5. I can’t believe how _____ you are. You are so clearly gifted in that area.
6. I’m seeing lately that you may not feel very _____, but I hope you know I still respect you deeply.
7. The way you _____ is such a good complement to me. God knew what I needed when He gave me you.
8. I love it when you wear that.
9. You are my best friend.
10. I am more in love with you than ever.
11. I want to go out with you. Are you free on _____ night?
12. No matter how royally you mess up, I’ll always be glad you’re mine, I’ll forgive you, and I’ll love your socks off.
13. I got the car washed and serviced today, hoping it would just take a little of the load off of you.
14. I’m sorry. Will you please forgive me for _____?
15. It is so cool to watch the man you’ve become since we’ve been married.
16. I’m proud of you.
17. What would sound great for dinner tonight?
18. I forgive you. And I won’t bring this up again, okay?
19. Got a minute? There’s something I want to show you in the bedroom.
20. You handled that incredibly well.
21. You’re right.
22. Got your favorite snack at the grocery store!
23. Just wanted to let you know I’m praying for you.
24. I trust you.
25. Let’s put the kids to bed early.
26. Go ahead and sleep in tomorrow.
27. I had no idea you could do that! You continue to impress me.
28. What do you think?
29. Can I give you a massage?
30. To the kids: I love your dad so much. He is so _____.
31. I love being around you.
32. I got a babysitter tonight!
33. I think you have so much to offer, and I can see it in the ways you _____.
34. I’m so glad you’re home.
35. I saw this at the store, and it made me think of you.
36. Do you feel like I’m understanding you?
37. I love doing _____ with you.
38. I stayed within the budget this month!
39. You are one of the best gifts I’ve ever gotten. I am so humbled God gave me you.
40. You and me this evening: Game on.
41. I got tickets!
42. Mind if I hold your hand?
43. I made your favorite _____.
44. Why don’t you take the night off? I've got the kids.
45. You are so well-disciplined in _____.
46. You still take my breath away.
47. I miss you. Have a great time!
48. Our kids are so blessed to have a dad like you. I love the way you _____ them.
49. You make me so happy just by being you.
50. I love you so much.
One final note: Maybe you’re a woman who initiates a lot of love for your man, but tenderness is not often reciprocated. Maybe you’re reading this under the burden of a husband who doesn't serve you or protect you or cherish you. I want to compassionately encourage you: Jesus gave without mutual gain, too—and that puts you in some pretty good company. Ask God to give you remarkable, gentle grace as you lift up your spouse in prayer, and as you meet everyday struggles against resentment and possibly even injustice. Our God is the God who sees (Genesis 21:15-21).
Excerpted by permission from MomLife Today®, FamilyLife’s blog for moms. Copyright © 2013 by Janel Breitenstein. All rights reserved.
© 2013 by FamilyLife. All rights reserved.