Gary Thomas’ Personal List of Favorite Christian Literature
List of Christian literature classics that address humility and virtue.
Editor’s Note: On March 20-22, 2017, author Gary Thomas was interviewed on FamilyLife Today® about his book Cherish. During the interview, he mentioned to host Dennis Rainey, and co-host Bob Lepine that some Christian classics have helped shape his thinking about grace.
As promised on FamilyLife Today®, here is Gary’s personal list of favorite Christian literature classics that address humility and virtue. Please note, these are not all evangelical books:
- Overcoming Sin and Temptation by John Owen
- The Imitation of Christ by Thomas à Kempis
- A Serious Call to a Devout and Holy Life by William Law
- The Spiritual Combat by Lorenzo Scupoli
- Dark Night of the Soul by St. John of the Cross
- Christian Perfection: Devotional Reflections on the Christian Life by Francois de Salignac de La Mothe Fenelon
- A Treatise Concerning Religious Affection by Jonathan Edwards