Editor’s Note: On June 1-2, 2020, authors Analyn and Brandon Miller were interviewed on FamilyLife Today® about their book Play to Their Strengths: A New Approach to Parenting Your Kids as God Made Them. During the interview, the Millers mention the “Five E’s of Strength Identification.” As promised, here they are from the book.
The Five E’s of Strength Identification
1. Enthusiasm – What is your kid naturally drawn to?
2. Ease – What comes to my child easily? Michaele took to soccer early on
3. Excellence – Do they have a standout ability? Have they won awards for performance?
4. Energy – What energizes your child? What leaves them depleted?
5. Enjoyment – What gives your child the greatest satisfaction?
Taken from: Play to Their Strengths. Copyright © 2019 by Analyn and Brandon Miller. Published by Harvest House Publishers. Used by permission.