46: Autism and the Blended Family
Did you know that 1 in 6 children have some form of learning disability and some form of developmental disability, according to the CDC? Dr. Stephanie Holmes is a professional counselor and mom to a child with autism and talks with Ron Deal to give tips, understanding, and perspective on raising kids with autism in a blended family.
About the Guest
- Learn more about Stephanie Holmes and her ministry. counselorstephanieholmes.com
- Read Ron and Stephanie's article: Autism and the blended family. https://www.familylife.com/articles/topics/blended-family/stepparents/multiple-home-realities/autism-and-the-blended-family/
- Get Ron's book, The Smart Stepfamily. https://shop.familylife.com/p-3625-the-smart-stepfamily.aspx
- Get Ron's Daily Encouragement for the Smart StepFamily. https://shop.familylife.com/p-5224-daily-encouragement-for-the-smart-stepfamily.aspx
- Get the 2020 Summit on Stepfamily Ministry All-Access Pass. https://shop.familylife.com/p-5938-all-access-pass-summit-2020.aspx
- Your generous support of FamilyLife helps create podcasts like the FamilyLife Blended® Podcast. https://donate.familylife.com/blended/?cru_source=D000BLENDG&cru_medium=Podcast&cru_campaign=Blended
A diagnosis of autism creates extra complexity to families. Dr. Stephanie Holmes, professional counselor and mom to a child with autism, speaks with Ron Deal on tips, understanding, and perspective on raising kids with autism in a blended family.