63: Growing up in a Blender: Shelby Abbott
Sometimes in stepfamilies, we take things out on each other that really are about someone or something from the past. We have something to say to a parent from the past, but instead fight that battle with a child—or spouse—in our present. Listen to Ron Deal talk with Shelby Abbott on how to keep unresolved issues of the past from damaging relationships in the present.
About the Guest
- Learn more about Shelby Abbott. https://shelbyabbott.com/.
- Get Shelby's books. https://shop.familylife.com/product-creator/shelby-abbott/.
- Learn more about FamilyLife Blended. https://www.familylife.com/familylifeblended/blended-families/.
- Listen to other Growing up in a Blender episodes:
- 51: Growing up in a Blender: Play the Long Game with Jim Ramos – https://www.familylife.com/podcast/familylife-blended-podcast/51-growing-up-in-a-blender-play-the-long-game/
- 43: Growing Up in a Blender: Who's my Daddy? with Ray and Robin McKelvy – https://www.familylife.com/podcast/familylife-blended-podcast/43-growing-up-in-a-blender-whos-my-daddy/
- 28: Growing up in a Blender with Ryan Guinee and David Bowden – https://www.familylife.com/podcast/familylife-blended-podcast/28-growing-up-in-a-blender/
- Your generous support of FamilyLife helps create podcasts like the FamilyLife Blended® Podcast. https://donate.familylife.com/blended/?cru_source=D000BLENDG&cru_medium=DesktopHeaderNav&cru_campaign=Blended.
- Learn more about FamilyLife Blended's annual Summit on Stepfamily Ministry. https://www.summitonstepfamilies.com/.
- Get blended family resources. https://shop.familylife.com/product-category/marriage/blended-family/.
Sometimes in stepfamilies, we take things out on each other that really are about someone or something from the past. Listen to Ron Deal talk with Shelby Abbott on how to keep unresolved issues of the past from damaging relationships in the present.