In 1975, a tearful Ney Bailey shared her heart with the team. Young couples on staff were fracturing. She longed to help. Sure, Campus Crusade for Christ (Cru) was helping thousands of people. But individual marriages mattered too, right?
So a tiny group of Cru staff set out to safeguard staff marriages. Their idea? Create a marriage and family ministry training couples to structure solid homes using God’s blueprint.
More than 40 years later, we’re still hard at work with that … And a few other things (see timeline below).
That single plea from one woman blossomed into today’s FamilyLife, serving all shapes and sizes of families around the world.
Millions each year enjoy:
- Events, like the Weekend to Remember® marriage getaway and the Love Like You Mean It® cruise
- Radio programs, like FamilyLife Today®
- Video curriculum like The Art of Marriage® and FamilyLife’s Art of Parenting™
- Small group series like The Art of Marriage Connect Series®
- Online resources, to the tune of thousands of articles, videos, posts, and podcasts.
We thank God for Ney Bailey and His mind-blowing plan to work out a few of His goals—and a bit of His heart—through FamilyLife … And we’re geared up for the next 40 years.